Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New York, Milan, Venice, Udine, Villach, and Ljubljana

WOW, all these cities in three days.  All is well.  We hooked up with Alice in Venice and stayed our first night (not counting trying to sleep on the plane) in Udine, Italy.  I expected a small village but it was quite large and the hotel was exactly what we needed.  A 2 x 2 shower (that's feet, not people) but the water was hot and the bed comfortable.  (You'll notice little humor in the posting.  I'm tired and I have a lot of pressure to be funny since the Egypt blog.  I'll do my best though.)  Bus to Villach, Austria (cute town) and then train to Ljubljana.  We're having a good time.  Been to a number of churches.  Belinda and Alice seem to think that's important.  I keep telling them I've been baptized in the Jordan River.  I don't need any more.

It's been pouring almost all day.  I even had to buy an umbrella but it is raining so hard it barely keeps the rain off my rain hat....

Going to find a restaurant and get something to eat.  Really can't tell what it is but I know it's good because it is expensive.  Oh well, I guess I'll drive the Camry another year.       Ciao